Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sleepless in the Suburbs


Ah, the lovely side effects of Prednisone! Sleeplessness is a blessing, and a curse. I feel like I could take on the whole world! (although my feet are still numb) Unfortunately, I am not sleeping much at all. It is amazing the thoughts that go through your head at 2 am. I have been trying to quiet my busy mind and spend an extended time in prayer. It has been a good, much needed time of communion with my Lord.

So, do you ever find yourself awake in the middle of the night, with no hope of going back to sleep? Here are a few of my ideas on what to do at those times:
  • Get up and move. I find a walk helps to clear the mind and make me tired again.
  • While you are up and moving, clean something. It is amazing how much you can get done with no one else around!
  • Write about some of those thoughts racing through your mind.
  • Have some hot tea. Caffeine free preferably.
  • Take a nice relaxing bath. Soaking in hot mineral water really relaxes you.
  • Read a good book. Better yet, read a bad book, it will put you back to sleep in no time!
  • Most importantly, enjoy some sweet, quiet time with your Heavenly Father.



What types of things do you like to do on the sleepless nights?

Have a great day and get some sleep!

No comments: