Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Words Escape Me

Some days I just sit and stare at the computer screen, and don’t have anything to say (Chad, stop laughing, I know you think I never run out of things to say!). Today is one of those days. I sit here sipping my hot coffee and looking out the window at the cold, dreary day. On days like these, I am thankful. Not thankful that I have nothing to say, but thankful for so many things God has provided.

For starters, I am thankful for my doctor squeezing me into his schedule today to go over my test results. I am thankful for whatever answers he is able to give.

I am thankful that I have a wonderful home to protect me from the elements. I am thankful for blankets, and hot coffee and warm clothes. I am very thankful for a hard-working husband who willingly works outside in this weather to provide for our family. I am thankful for my two beautiful, healthy children.

Mostly, I am thankful for a Savior who helps me to be thankful on a day like today. It would be so easy to stay in bed, be lazy and get depressed on this dark, winter day. I am thankful He doesn’t leave me to face these days alone.

May we always give thanks to God for all He has provided! What are you thankful for today?

Have a great (and warm day)! I am hoping to give everyone an update tomorrow on my medical situation.

No comments: