Saturday, February 9, 2013

When to Just Relax


Some days I would love to just stay in bed. Mornings are never fun. I frequently wake up with a headache; my whole body is stiff and sore. It takes a while for me to get going (getting older stinks). Some days I am in a lot of pain, and it gets worse as the day wears on. I have never been one to just sit and relax. I am a doer. I go, go, go until I fall over exhausted.

As I have learned to accept the fact that I am not healthy and young anymore, I have gradually made some changes. I can now enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning, while sitting at the computer and writing. I like reading. I have recently begun putting jigsaw puzzles together to give me something to do while I sit and rest for a bit. Many of my friends enjoy a long soak in a hot tub; I have never been much of a water person. I absolutely love music and almost always have some playing in the background. I also find time in prayer to be relaxing, plus it helps me to keep my mind off my problems if I am praying for other's needs.

Today, I’d like to hear from you. When you have a bad pain day, or a sick day or just a plain ‘ol lazy day, what do you do to relax? How can you keep your mind off the pain, while still feeling useful? Share some of your ideas, and have a great, relaxing day! J

1 comment:

  1. My idea of a relaxing day is a long (15-20 miles or more) hike in the hills, with my dog and my camera. Out in the countryside, seeing the beauty of God's creation. :)

    ReplyDelete