Many years ago, our youngest moved out of our home and into her first apartment. I bought a welcome mat for her that was very similar to this photo.
I figured this mat would welcome people coming into her apartment and say goodbye when they left, but it was also saying goodbye to her living at home and hello to going out into the world. I thought of this welcome mat when I was considering this post... this final post on my blog.In case you haven't seen the news, I have moved my writing to Substack, and you can follow me there if you want to continue on this journey with me. I will be writing about new things, and sharing some older blog posts too. But, before I go, I thought I would give you one final update about my breast cancer treatment.
Over the last couple of months, I have tried four different drugs that reduce estrogen in my body (my type of cancer "feeds" on estrogen). I have also had to stop all four medications due to unbearable side effects. I experienced dizziness, nausea, stomach pain, and brain fog. It got worse over a couple of weeks and made watching my granddaughter very difficult. I was supposed to take one of these medicines for the next 5-10 years to help prevent the cancer from returning, but at this point I have had to make the difficult decision to stop treatment.
It feels like I have had to choose between living well today or possibly living fewer years in the future. It is not that simple though, as we don't know what the future holds.
"And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?" (Luke 12:25-26)
For now, I will monitored closely and we will pray that if the cancer returns, they catch it early. May God's will be done. To God be the glory!
For the Last Time~
Shari

We will certainly pray that God will do more than we ask or imagine to give you a rich life here with your family!
ReplyDelete