Saturday, January 26, 2013

How Well Did You Serve Today?

I ran across a little note card that I had tucked away in my bible. I had written down just two short questions that our pastor had asked us during a sermon. I have looked at it many times, and to my shame, have tucked it back away in the Bible only to be "rediscovered" a few weeks or months later.

Here are the two questions:
#1 Were God and His anointed, Jesus Christ, exalted and glorified today?
#2 How well did I serve?

How quickly two simple questions can stop me in my tracks. How I would love to be able to say I have the "right" answer to those questions every day of my life, but I don't.

I pray that God would be glorified in me each day, and that I might serve well.

We have been saved not just from a life of sin, but to a life of service. Christ said He came to serve, not to be served. (Mathew 20:28) Christ willingly laid down His life. As servants of Christ are we ready to lay our lives down in service to one another? May we be challenged by these two questions and seek to glorify God and serve Him well, but serving others.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: