Saturday, April 20, 2013

Remember Me?

Been a long time since I posted anything. So much has happened in regards to my health. Here is a quick run down on what has been happening.

The predisone caused many difficult side effects, and I am slowly getting back to my old self now that I am no longer taking it. My insurance has approved the long term medication and I should start my IVIG infusion at the end of next week. We are hopeful that this will help.

Also, I received another grant from the Challenged Athletes Foundation to purchase a rowing machine. This is a HUGE blessing, as it paid for everything except $9. The timing could not be more perfect, as the doctor is really wanting me to work my upper body and lose some weight.

The Lord has continually proven Himself faithful through each day. He shows His love for me through family and friends. I am so grateful for each prayer, each word of encouragement. There have been so many low days these past couple of months, and at times it seems hard to trust that He is with me, but in God's perfect timing, and with His still, small voice; He gently shows me that He is right here.

Be encouraged! Even in the midst of suffering, if you are truly His, "He will not leave you nor forsake you" (Deuteronomy 31:6). Whatever you might be going through, no matter how difficult and dark the days seem, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." We cannot trust our own understanding, that would tell us we are alone in our struggles, that no one cares, that this will last forever and we cannot handle our circumstances. But when we trust and acknowledge the Lord, He will direct our paths. This may not be the path we would have chosen, but it will be the paths directed by the Lord. We can take comfort knowing that He is with us, guiding us, and molding us more into the image of His Son along the way!

What are you going through today? Are you trusting in Him or leaning on your own understanding?

Have a great day! Hope to write a little more often now that I am feeling better :)

No comments: