Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Living Like There is No Tomorrow


Matthew 6:34 says, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” It is very easy to get overwhelmed thinking about what next year will bring, or five years. Just listening to a nightly news broadcast about the state of the economy is enough to make you shutter at what your life will look like in 20 years when retirement approaches.

In light of my recent medical issues again, I find myself wondering if I will be able to walk ten years from now. Then I stop myself. The thing is, I can walk today, and that is what matters. Today is the day I have been given to serve God. So for today I will do all I can to bring glory to God in this failing body and let tomorrow worry about itself.

The truth is that tomorrow promised to no one. We only have this day. Do we live each day to the fullest? Is it possible to live each day as our last?


No comments: