Monday, May 27, 2013

Turning the Page

It has been a couple of weeks since I have written a post again. It has been a long, rough couple of months. I had my second treatment this past week. I have had more headaches and blood pressure issues again. After discussing all the side effects with my doctors, we have decided to stop treatment and wait and see. There is such uncertainty and yet, such peace, in this decision.

The doctors don't know the prognosis for this disease since it is so rare. The few patients they have tracked with Chronic Inflammatory Sensory Polyradiculopathy have varied outcomes: some having very little progression, others ending up unable to walk. In all noted cases, there is marked improvement of symptoms, sometimes as much as ten years after symptoms first appeared, when starting the IVIG or an anti-rejection medication (CellCept). Knowing that, I cannot tolerate 2-3 weeks of headaches, overwhelming fatigue, high blood pressure and several abnormal labs right now, after every infusion, knowing every 28 days the cycle starts over again. So, I am turning the page and moving on to the next chapter.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" (Matthew 6:34). I won't stress and worry about tomorrow, I will focus on the Lord today. By His grace I will get through today and it's troubles. For now I will work on trying to get my blood pressure back down to normal, getting rid of these bad headaches, and being content where I am today. I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning!

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul,
'Therefore I hope in Him!'"
Lamentations 3:22-24

Are you living in today's worries, or stressed about the future? Look to Jesus Christ, cast all your worries onto Him, and rest in Him today, let tomorrow worry about itself.

No comments: